Established in 2000 by Danielle Mason Hosker, Dancefx is a non-profit dance organization dedicated to bringing professional quality, cutting-edge dance to the Athens and Atlanta area communities. Dancefx provides continuing dance education and a performance outlet for dancers and artists to express themselves creatively through such programming as Dancefx Studio Program, Contact Dance Company, Dancefx Concert Dance Company, FX 2/3 Concert Company, Soundfx, Charleston Dance Project, Dancefx Charleston, DanceATHENS Dance Festival, Official Athens Dance Day and the Dancefx Community Outreach Initiative.
- 2000 — Danielle Hosker creates Dancefx to fill the need of a jazz dance performance company in Athens, Georgia. Two performance ensembles are formed.
- 2001 — Dancefx receives its first review from Dance Magazine. The first DanceATHENS Dance Festival is held as an Athens Bicentennial Event. Dancefx offers its first studio classes to the public.
- 2002 — Dancefx gets its own studio: dancespace. Dancestyle and Contact Dance are born. DanceATHENS 2002 takes place. Athens Mayor issues first DanceATHENS proclamation and declares an official DANCE DAY.
- 2003 — DFXCO is inivited to perform for the first time at the Piccolo Spoleto Festival in Charleston,,SC. River North’s Frank Chaves teaches master classes as part of DanceATHENS.
- 2004 — Dancefx fires back at Flagpole Magazine with Costumes in Need of Dancers, a tongue in cheek exploration of the 2003 review of the show with the same name. Dancers travel from all over to attend the Fosse Workshop hosted by Dancefx at the Classic Center.
- 2005 — Dancefx celebrates its 5th anniversary with FIVE. DFXCO performs with the Athens Symphony Orchestra’s Pop Concert. Contact and Dancefx perform in their first Dance At Noon Series at Piccolo Spoleto. Danielle Mason Hosker is honored as a Jazz Dance World Congress Leo’s Choreography Finalist and the company travels to Chicago to perform America.
- 2006 — Dancefx outgrows its space and moves into the new and improved dancespace. DaNCeOlogY: An Illustrated Guide to Dance rocks the UGA campus. Frank Chaves returns to set a piece on DCD. DFX makes Piccolo Spoleto history with record ticket sales at the Dance At Noon Series. Mia Michaels teaches master classes as part of DanceATHENS 2006.
- 2007 — Fury and Catharis are well received by dance celebs Mia Michaels, Brian Friedman and Chris Judd at The Pulse. DanceATHENS goes on tour. DFXCO gets its own show, Momentum and Xpressions take over the Morton. DFX travels to Europe to perform at the International Dance Grand Prix and is crowned 2nd in the world overall for Contemporary Choreography.
- 2008 — Dancefx rocks the PULSE in Atlanta. XHBIT and CONTINUM take over the Morton. Dancefx is once again invited to perform at the Piccolo Spoleto Festival in Charleston . Dancefx Charleston opens its doors on East Bay Street. The Charleston Dance Project makes its debut at Charleston Fashion Week .
- 2009 — The Charleston Dance Project is recognized by celebrity choreographers for their work on Prime at The Pulse On Tour. DFXCO, CBC and SFX join the CDP on stage at the Charleston Music Hall for smash hit, CATALYST. Allison Hayn returns to Dancefx Athens as Executive Director. Dancefx Charleston performs Thriller at Cinebarre for the Premier of Michael Jackson’s THIS IS IT.
- 2010 — Dancefx celebrates its 10th Anniversary! The CDP, DFXCO, CBC AND SFX meet on the Morton Theatre stage and again on the Charleston Music Hall to commemorate and celebrate 10 years of Passion, Talent and Dance in TEN.
Dancefx expanded to Charleston, SC in 2008 and to the Atlanta area in 2012. We are excited to see where we can take Dancefx!